buttonlabel=Start creating your own world now!
Conworlding, also called worldbuilding, is the process of constructing an imaginary world, sometimes associated with a whole fictional universe. The resulting world may be called a constructed world or a conworld. The term "worldbuilding" was popularized at science fiction writers' workshops in the 1970s. Developing an imaginary setting with coherent qualities such as a history, geography, and ecology is a key task for many science fiction or fantasy writers. Worldbuilding often involves the creation of maps, a backstory, and people for the world. Constructed worlds can enrich the backstory and history of fictional works, and it is not uncommon for authors to revise their constructed worlds while completing its associated work. Constructed worlds can be created for personal amusement and mental exercise, or for specific creative endeavors such as novels, video games, or role-playing games.
From English Wikipedia.
Collaborative projects make up the bulk of the activity on the Conworlds Wiki. Participating in one may help new editors learn about and be active in the wiki's community. Some major projects include:
- Altverse - A realistic project based on real world Earth with a volatile international political scene with new countries and faces.
- Project Genesis - A realistic project with soft fantasy elements, taking place on an earth-like planet with numerous nations, ethnic groups, cultures, and languages.
- Future World - A soft science fiction project taking place on current day Earth, with a host of new countries and futuristic technology.*
- Irradiated Earth - A soft science fiction project taking place in the Fallout world.*
- Nearly Real World - A realistic project taking place on current day Earth, with new countries on new landmasses.*
- New Era - A realistic project taking place on current day Earth, following a global political breakdown.*
- Pangam-Pangat - A realistic project taking place on a fictional planet in a distant star's Goldilocks zone*
Bold denotes active, ongoing project.
Kingdom of Helvore
Population: 32,846,312 (2016)
Leader: King Andreux I
Project: The Nearly Real World
Summary: The Kingdom of Helvore is a sovereign nation in Western Europe, bordered by the United Kingdom to the north, the Aquitanian Sea and France to the East, Tyrburg and the Atlantic Ocean to the West, and sharing a maritime border with Spain along the Straight of Grenliviche in the South. Helvore is a Bayerist Constitutional Monarchy headed by a King, and with its main seat of government in the Capital city of Rossterre.
With a population close to 33 million and a landmass of 312,896 square kilometres, Helvore is the ninth largest country in Europe, and is a major economic power in the European Union and the rest of the world. Helvore uses the Euro, drives on the left, and is world-renowned for their excellent Mountain Ranges, History, Culture, and food. (more...)
See the complete list of featured articles here.
If you are a Spanish-speaking user, check out and join our sister wiki, Creatumundo Wiki where you can create articles on just about anything in Spanish including constructed cities, countries, worlds, creatures, and more!
By World Genre
- Note: These three lists are not fully developed. This info is not necessarily up to date.
By Number of Pages in World
Key: This project's main article is featured.
- (cat) Kingdom of Sierra 917
- (cat) Ivalice 508
- (cat) Georgeland 482
- (cat) The Next Renaissance 318
- (cat) Koiwai 293
- (cat) East Asian Federation (EAF) 276
- (cat) Union of Everett (EV) 259
- (cat) New Cambria 253
- (cat) Southern Cross Republic (SCR) 234
- (cat) Lorica 225
- (cat) Warpcraft 192
- (cat) Republic of Surea 182
- (cat) Allied States of America (ASA) 174
- (cat) Grand Yarphese Republic (YPGN) 174
- (cat) Leubantia 173
- (cat) 20x Universe 172
- (cat) Baltic Union (BU) 171
- (cat) Britain 161
- (cat) New Coordinates 159
- (cat) Nearly Real World (NRW) 155
- (cat) Europa 145
- (cat) SubWorld 143
- (cat) Faith 135
- (cat) Seafaring Confederation 127
- (cat) Estreoth 124
- (cat) Kania 120
- (cat) Lecrotia 113
- (cat) Heigard 108
- (cat) Manchuria 103
- (cat) Garbaterra 100
- (cat) Brazoria 82
- (cat) Euskadi 75
- (cat) Future World (FW) 74
- (cat) Altverse 69
- (cat) Ardenjost 68
- (cat) Occitania 64
- (cat) Atlion 64
- (cat) Canopus 59
- (cat) Dendrius galaxy 58
- (cat) Beast World 56
- (cat) Kyratovia 55
- Note: This only lists the top 50 Constructed Worlds Wiki projects with at least 50 pages (files are counted as pages) on this site, according to Special:MostLinkedCategories, and whose main article has not been deleted. There are many other smaller conworlds on this site. This info is not necessarily up to date.
- Last update: 19:16, August 23, 2016 (UTC)
Click here for a comprehensive list of other websites and resources relevant to worldbuilding.